Today, Liebherr is not only one of the world's leading manufacturers of mining machinery such as excavators and trucks, but it is also a major supplier of other industrial products and services, with approximately 38,000 employees working for more than 130 companies worldwide. Learn how Liebherr Mining builds a global training solution on Saba to serve a widespread, diverse workforce.
Business ChallengeProvide technical training and track certifications for a subset of 38,000 employees working across all continents in the mining division and beyond, including France, Australia, Canada, Chile, and Ghana - eventually expanding to organization-wide learning management for more than 130 independently operating companies within the Liebherr Group.
- Eliminates the need to hire internal or third-party instructors for every course by replacing selected in-classroom, instructor-led training with web-based e-learning
- Reduces the need for costly and time-consuming travel to central classroom locations because web-based training can be delivered directly to computer kiosks at job sites
- Accelerates the learning process and allows the company to bring its staff, affiliates, service technicians, and customer operators up to speed quickly
- Helps administrators efficiently track required certifications and avoid expensive fines
- Allows Liebherr to charge customer operators for training, if desired