American Airlines is one of the world's largest airlines with a fleet of 650 planes and 62,500 employees. American Airlines was listed at number 121 on the Fortune 500 list of companies in 2013 and is a founding member of the oneworld airline alliance.
American Airlines needed to reduce staff by 5% due to difficult economic times and reduced demand within the airline industry. They selected Transition Manager from Saba HumanConcepts because of its proven ability to manage the transactions associated with the entire Reduction In Force (RIF) process, and because the system incorporated best practices in decisions, management, compliance, and communications.
- Achieve targeted staff reductions quickly, efficiently, and with full compliance
- Create consistency, transparency and the ability to apply agreed business rules and processes to all RIF programs via a single online platform.
- Minimize risk, adverse impact, and litigation including no legal complaints or actions after RIF, documented compliance at all levels.
- Centralize management and control to allow for real-time process visibility for management and stakeholders.
- Achieve significant cost savings and avoidance.
- Reduce time to off-payroll by 16 days, saving millions of dollars in payroll expense.
- Eliminate errors and overpayments and established best-practice processes for continual workforce adjustments.