Saba Announces "Content your Way"
Expansions to platform flexibility and partner ecosystem enable customers to use content from just about anywhere to support their people development strategies
Las Vegas, NV – September 12, 2018 – HR Technology Conference and Exhibition – Today, Saba Software, the talent development company, announced advancements to its open platform architecture to improve flexibility, and expanded partnerships that deliver efficient content integrations with leading providers. With this "content your way" approach, Saba is giving organizations the ability to support their talent development strategies with content that meets their unique requirements.
Because organizations have many different needs when it comes to their people development strategies, including how they select and manage learning content, limiting them to a closed library doesn't work anymore. With Saba's open architecture, customers have total flexibility to connect to the content that is best for them. Whether it's enabling employees to curate content on their own or leveraging "drag and drop" integrations to the best providers out there, or a mix of approaches – Saba delivers personalized, just-in-time development experiences.
"A modern content strategy is all about the 'power of many,' so gone are the days when organizations can be limited to the content integrations only their talent management vendor has validated," said Vinod Choudhary, VP of Product & Partner Marketing at Saba. "At Saba, our approach is to build, acquire, partner and extend to deliver a market leading development experience, which includes the flexibility to do content your way, with the benefit of simplifying speed to value with the best providers in the market."
In addition to Saba Discovery – which includes a learning record store (LRS) and learning bookmarklet to help organizations embrace and incorporate their employees' informal learning experiences and activities as part of their strategic approach to learning and development – Saba now offers the following platform updates and partner expansions:
- Full support for xAPI and LTI standards within Saba Cloud, providing customers unmatched options and flexibility to use content providers of their choice within the platform.
- Expansion of Saba's existing Saba TalentSpace platform partnership with DDI, to bring DDI's renowned leadership competency framework and learning library to the Saba Cloud platform.
- An extended partnership with leading content provider OpenSesame builds on the market traction the companies have seen with Saba Cloud customers, now giving Saba TalentSpace customers seamless access to thousands of OpenSesame courses.
- A deeper alliance with video elearning provider ej4, delivering all Saba customers a comprehensive catalog of video microlearning courses.
- An enhanced Skillsoft Open Learning Services Architecture (OLSA) integration and increased partnership that now gives all Saba Cloud customers access to the entire broad and deep content library from Skillsoft, with a better administrative and learner content experience.
- Saba's LinkedIn Learning Connector leverages the latest learning standard technology, xAPI, allowing Saba Cloud customers to offer their employees personalized learning content taught by real-world professionals, and the ability to track and manage the impact it is having on L&D and performance outcomes.
- New connectors and integrations such as Harvard ManageMentor Spark on-demand leadership courseware.
Learn more at HR Tech
Visit Saba at booth 2314 in the #HRTechConf Expo Hall to see firsthand how these and other innovations help HR and learning leaders deliver a talent development environment that enables a self-driven performance and development experience for their people and teams.
"For some time, DDI has been working with Saba's TalentSpace customers to create powerful connections between competencies, high performance employee development and leadership programs," said David Tessmann-Keys, President, DDI. "It's exciting that we are now expanding our partnership to enable all Saba customers to access our robust collection of leadership development content.
"We are excited about expanding our offering to the Saba customer base and looking forward to our continued growth together," said Ryan Eudy, ej4 Chief Executive Officer.
"The biggest gap between what employees want and what their employers offer is the range of learning and career development opportunities provided to them by their employers," said Tom Turnbull, VP Partnerships at OpenSesame. "With the most comprehensive and diverse catalog of curated elearning courses, we have expanded our successful partnership with Saba to help our mutual customers develop the most productive and admired workforces."
"Learners today need quick and easy access to premier learning content at any time, anywhere, and from any system they're using, regardless of the platform or provider," said Mark Onisk, Chief Content Officer of Skillsoft. "Our partnership with Saba delivers on that promise by providing Saba's customers with seamless access to Skillsoft's content while enhancing the learner experience."
At Saba, we know that the success of any business starts with its people. We also know that people need a different kind of environment to bring their best to work every day. So we created that environment – one that's built on strategy, aligned to goals and designed for humans. An environment where people and teams are in the driver's seat of their own experience. Where development is part of their day, every day. And where deep performance insight connects people to business success. Thousands of customers worldwide, in virtually every industry, count on Saba to engage their people, connect their teams, and get the critical insight they need to prove the impact of talent on business success. For more information, visit https://www.saba.com.
Public Relations Manager