Globalization, workforce demographics and technology are all changing at a break neck pace. Keeping the workforce engaged and on target is a real challenge. Most companies see a modern learning strategy as a big part of the solution. Those looking to update their strategy should consider the 5 keys pillars of modern learning:
- Collaborative and Social Learning - Enhance formal learning and encourage knowledge sharing and instruction
- Mobile Learning - Add flexibility, convenience and just-in-time access to courses, job aides, and informal learning resources
- Content and Delivery - Engage learners with gamification, simulations, user-contributed / user-generated content, and virtual classrooms
- Predictive Learning - Personalize learning programs with the application of artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Cloud - Unleash the L&D team to focus on content, delivery and interaction rather than system maintenance
Modern learning will not only lead to higher employee engagement and retention, but you’ll also be building a more agile and higher performing organization.