As the fifth-largest global IT services provider-and the largest in Japan-Fujitsu operates at the top of the fast-moving global technology sector. It offers a vast portfolio of business and consumer technology products, solutions and services. Fujitsu supports customers in more than 100 countries and employs 155,000 people worldwide.
Fujitsu sought to standardise on a single learning management system (LMS) across its EMEIA region. It needed a learning solution that was user-friendly, highly configurable, and could help future-proof the organisation. Fujitsu implemented Saba Cloud to deliver digital learning consistently and swiftly to its dispersed employee base.
- Reduce administrative burden, enabling L&D team members to spend more time on duties that add value to employees
- Improve visibility with real-time insights into learner progression, performance and course feedback
- Enable the organisation to rapidly respond to changing market and employee needs, which is vital in the fast-moving technology sector
- Drive efficiency and realise greater economies of scale by standardising on a single, integrated talent platform
- Support employee engagement and retention efforts by engaging, enabling and developing its people