ECU is an emerging national research university with an enrollment of more than 28,000 students and nearly 200 undergraduate, graduate and professional degree programs. ECU has been a recognized leader in distance education for more than 50 years, and was among the first schools in the nation to offer a degree completely over the Internet. Learn how they are leveraging Saba to provide a classroom-like environment with rich interactivity, collaboration, and engaging social connections to distance learners.
Business ChallengeECU wanted to provide a classroom-like environment with rich interactivity, collaboration, and engaging social connections, regardless of the distance or time differences between the faculty and students
- Offer a learning environment equivalent to a physical classroom experience
- Facilitate more effective collaborative learning and social interaction among students
- Build a sense of community between ECU and nontraditional students
- Provide an effective, adaptable platform for exploring global perspectives and addressing worldwide issues
- Promote collaboration without borders