Talent Strategy Fundamentals is a series of posts where we break down the elements of a winning talent strategy. We do this by breaking things down into their most basic parts. Other posts in the Talent Strategy Fundamentals series include:
Talent Strategy Fundamentals: Ongoing Performance Management
Talent Strategy Fundamentals: Employee Engagement
A business is only as good as its people. Employees need a particular set of soft and hard skills to be successful, so investing in these skills is paramount.
There are a ton of benefits to investing in learning and development programs. Employees perform better, they stay more engaged, it makes your organization an attractive place to work in the talent marketplace… the list goes on.
So what goes into investing in learning and development programs? Well, a lot. That’s why we’ve broken it down into the pieces you need to keep in mind to have a successful talent strategy.
So here it is. Your learning and development strategy 101.
Mapping it out with development plans
- How To Demand More Of Development Plans
- The Problem With Development Plans
- How We Use Learning Paths To Supercharge Our L&D Strategy
Fostering a culture of learning
- Oops: The Gift Of Mistakes And Failure
- How To Establish A Culture Of Continuous Learning And Development
- Feedback As A Learning Tool: It Takes More Than Talk
- Tips For Building A Culture Of Learning At Work
- The Emerging Role Of The Learning Community Manager
Addressing the monetary side of learning
- Stop the Slash! How to Save Your Training Budget from Cuts
- A Better Way To Approach The ROI of Training
- "What's in It for Us?" 4 Tips You Need to Know When Switching to a New LMS
Getting started with informal learning
- What Informal Learning Is, and Isn't
- Infusing Accountability Into Informal Learning
- The Sizzling Benefits Of Blended Learning
- Help Employees Take Charge Of Their Learning Needs
- Your Informal Learning Questions, Answered
Designing learning and development programs
- Designing Learning: Does 70:20:10 Still Work?
- Get More When Using Subject Matter Experts
- Want To Build A Better Training Strategy? Ask Your Customers
- Get The Most Out Of Your Learning Management System
Educating your extended enterprise
- We Have The Cure For Developmental Discrimination
- Educating Outside of Your Organization: Learning for Customers & Partners
We’re going to keep updating this page with new resources as time goes on, so make sure to bookmark!
Is something missing that you need? Let us know in the comments!