I want to share some information about a cool new feature – the Halogen Word Cloud generator – available in the latest release of our talent management suite.
The Halogen Word Cloud generator is created from all text used in an appraisal process to give an overall feel of feedback being provided.
While there are great reports and data analysis you can get from an appraisal process – like completion rates, competency scores, goal achievement etc, – the Halogen Word Cloud generator does something different.
It provides administrators a visual representation of the feedback and tone of the appraisal process. This is different in that it proives a qualitative view of the review cycle that helps answer questions like:
- What are the big themes or things that are being talked about?
- Is there an overall positive tone?
- Are the corporate values getting mentioned?
- Does the tone differ between departments?
One of the tricky things about getting data from evaluations is how to analyze the comments, which are a critical component of the process. While it’s easy to interpret the overall rating or score, understanding the comments gives the appraisal more depth.
Here’s an example of a word cloud generated from this new feature in the Halogen TalentSpace:
A process based Word Cloud generated in Halogen Performance™ is a quick simple way to get the feel for the content of the process. Since word clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text, the HR team – or those people who have permission to generate the word cloud – will get immediate visual feedback on how the process is progressing.
Of course the Halogen Word Cloud generator doesn’t replace genuine analysis of the comments received, but it can save significant effort reading/scanning volumes of text just to get the gist of what’s being said.
In addition to providing a quick visualization of the process and giving the organization an overview of the main topics and themes, there are some other key benefits and uses for the Halogen Word Cloud generator. These include:
- Using word cloud data to identify issues at any point in the process – alignment with values, overall negative tone, differences between departments, managers, etc.
- Enabling HR to become more responsive to issues that are highlighted in the word cloud mid-process, rather than waiting until later or after the process is complete to review appraisals individually
- Providing additional information when reviewing other non-finite reports such as engagement scores and turn-over rates
- Using it to communicate and be shared with all staff to support a transparent culture
- Generating multilingual word clouds to unite employees and demonstrate an organization’s diversity
And hey, let’s not forget, it’s meant to be a bit of fun!
If you want to learn more about this new feature or any of the other major enhancements in Version 11.1 of the Halogen TalentSpace™ – leave a comment below, or give us a shout via our Contact Us form. We’d love to hear from you.