There’s an excited buzz spreading across the Saba offices as we gear up for one of the most exciting events of the year. Join hundreds of your fellow talent leaders from around the world at Saba Insight 2018! Saba experts, executives and customers will convene at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess in Scottsdale, Arizona from September 24 - 27, 2018 to discover what can happen when HR pros with a passion for talent development come together.
And this year, for the first time ever, we’re combining two legendary customer conferences to help you leverage the combined strength of Saba and Halogen and drive better business performance. We’ll show you how to get the most out of our Saba Cloud and TalentSpace solutions to align your talent strategy with your business strategy.
With more than 50 sessions (many of which are eligible for continuing education credit!), hands-on training workshops, networking events, inspiring keynote speakers and so much more, one blog post clearly isn’t enough to explain all the benefits of attending Insight 2018. So let’s focus on just four of the engaging topics delivered by industry subject matter experts in the "Design Your Strategy" breakout track.
When Your HR Metrics Fail to Connect With Your Organization
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” Chances are you’ve heard some version of that ubiquitous – and genius! – quote from Benjamin Franklin. You already collect data to help you uncover what HR strategies and talent development programs actually help to move the needle on business impact – and where there are gaps. So it makes sense that you would want to use these insights to back up the recommendations you make to your executive team.
But you can already hear the hard questions coming from the C-Suite: How did you validate your data? How does it relate to our business objectives?
Cue the pre-meeting jitters.
Preparing both your data and your presentation are key to a solid response to these questions. Tim Sackett, President of HRU Technical Resources and author at Fistful of Talent, will explain how to:
- Prepare the right HR metrics that clearly demonstrate HR’s positive impact on your organization
- Leverage data storytelling to grab your C-Suite’s attention and compel leadership to take action
How to Maximize the Impact of On-Demand Learning
You can lead a horse to water. You can also lead a learner to on-demand online training. In either case, expected results are not guaranteed. But, at least in the second case, you can improve the odds. And you have every reason to want to: on-demand learning, a critical piece of your L&D program, has the power to drive employee engagement and performance.
Join Julie Winkle-Giulioni, co-author of "Watch Them Grow or Watch Them Go," and the co-founder and principal of training and development firm DesignArounds, as she deep dives into why learners thirst for on-demand learning to improve their performance and how you can create an environment to support them.
Julie will walk you through:
- How to transform your people’s approach to online information, helping them to build skills and change behaviors
- The myths and misconceptions of on-demand learning (plus, the half-truths behind them)
- A field-tested framework you can use to maximize your investment in informal learning
6 Leadership Skills Your Managers Need the Most
Managers are responsible for 70 percent of variance in employee engagement, according to recent Gallup research. That’s huge! But there are still situations where managers are hired or promoted to their roles sufficient leadership development. Managers strongly influence employee engagement, productivity and retention so it’s critical that HR and L&D leaders help managers get the tools and strategies they need to support and develop their teams.
- Why HR and L&D professionals need to play an active role in leadership development
- Six practical leadership development strategies that can help managers at any stage of their careers
- How to present your strategies to secure organizational buy-in and implementation
The Simple Way To Engage (and Retain) Your HiPos
Having the best people in your organization is really the name of the game. So when you manage to find those "high potential" employees, how are you going to engage them and keep them around while you develop them into the best version of themselves?
The research is widespread but disparate, with many empirically backed-up ideas as well as a number of "pet theories." It can be a lot to take in, and some of the ideas around engaging and retaining the best talent are contradictory. That's why we're tagging in Dr. Henryk Krajewski, President of the Anderson Leadership Group, who will be talking about a sort of "unifying theory" of employee engagement and retention. He'll share:
- The not-so-obvious distinction between high performers and high potentials and how best to measure each.
- Global research findings on what is important to high potentials.
- The very “Best Principles” that can engage your talent…all the way from the 1970s!
- How talent management technology can drive and support High Potential assessment, identification, development and engagement efforts at every turn.
What are you waiting for?
Has the excitement hit your office yet? Then you know what to do! Find out more about Saba Insight 2018 at www.sabainsight.com. While you’re there, register and choose the breakout tracks that are right for you.
Whether you’re a new Saba customer, a long-time customer or somewhere in between, we’ve got you covered: Empower your people and teams with the tools and strategies they need to drive their own development experience while staying connected to your organization’s goals.
We can’t wait to see you in Scottsdale!